"Our School, Our Say."
The School Council was set up to allow children to have a voice within our school. We are encouraged to express our opinions on topics that will affect our learning or surroundings. Both Ofsted and The Government support School Councils. Some of the things we have been involved with are:
- Planning the School Charter
- Working alongside our Head Teacher on our Anti Bullying Policy and bullying incident form
- Distributing and analysing playground surveys
- Purchasing playtime or class resources
- Raising funds for either the PTA or a charity (in the past, we have supported Children in Need and Cancer Research)
- The Annual CBEC School Council Conference
From each year group, two Councillors are chosen by their peers.
We meet every fortnight and work from an agenda. Afterwards, the class representatives inform their class about our meeting. They produce notes from their discussion and use these to give feedback at the next meeting. This ensures that everyone’s opinions are heard.
Of course, our Head Teacher, teachers and Governors have the final say in any recommendations, but they are always keen to receive our opinions.